Europa League: Sarri reveals how many players he wants to buy despite transfer ban

Europa League: Sarri reveals how many players he wants to buy despite transfer ban

Chelsea manager, Maurizio Sarri, has said he would need to sign "only one or two players" to bolster their squad for the next season, if they manage to overturn or postpone FIFA's one-year transfer ban.

FIFA on Wednesday, upheld Chelsea's transfer ban, after they were found guilty of breaching rules on the transfer and registration of overseas players under the age of 18.

The club refuted FIFA's findings and said they would appeal the decision to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS).

Sarri is, however, keen to invest in the market and close the gap on league leaders Manchester City and Liverpool.

"I don't believe when you buy 10 players.

"I think we have to buy only one or two players.

"It's very difficult to cover the gap at the moment. We need to work, probably we need to do something from the market. It's not easy, because the level of the top two is very, very high.

"Otherwise it's very difficult to improve immediately. I think we are a very good team, so we need only one, two players, no more," Sarri told reporters ahead of the Frankfurt game.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...