What Vincent Kompany said after Man City's 1- 0 win over Leicester City

What Vincent Kompany said after Man City's 1- 0 win over Leicester City

Manchester City captain, Vincent Kompany has reacted to his side's Premier League 1-0 win over Leicester City on Monday night.

The first half ended goalless, before Kompany unleashed an unstoppable effort to seal all three points for Pep Guardiola's men against the visitors.

Kompany said that the match against Leicester was a bit frustrating because his teammates were saying: "don't shoot" before he scored the only goal of the encounter.

The Belgium international, however, said it was an important win because Guardiola's side played against a strong team.

"I always feel am going to do something and today was a little bit of frustration because everyone was saying don't shoot, don't shoot and I could really hear it," the 33 year old told Sky Sport.

"And it was annoying me and I said I will not come this far in my career for young players to tell me whether I could take a shoot or not. So I just took it.

"It was a big goal, we have not achieve anything but it was an important win against a strong team."

The result against Leicester keeps Manchester City top on the Premier League table with 95 points, while Liverpool have 94.

City will now travel to Brighton for their final game of the season, while Liverpool welcome Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...