Guardiola takes final decision on Kompany's future at Man City after 1-0 win over Leicester

Guardiola takes final decision on Kompany's future at Man City after 1-0 win over Leicester

Manchester City manager, Pep Guardiola has disclosed that he will meet will captain, Vincent Kompany for a beer at the end of the season to decide if the defender will stay at the club.

Guardiola said this following Man City's Premier League 1-0 win over Leicester City on Monday night at Etihad.

The first half ended goaless, before captain, Vincent Kompany unleashed an unstoppable effort to seal all three points for Guardiola's men.

Kompany's current deal at Man City will expire at the end of the season.

But Guardiola has now said he will sit down with the 33-year-old to discuss his future at the club after Man City's FA Cup final against Watford later this month.

"We spoke with him [Vincent Kompany] and his agent. At the end of the season we are going to talk to him," Guardiola told BBC Sport.

"He is an incredible human being and he helps me a lot.

"Always I was sad I could not use him a lot but this club is what it is because of people like Vincent. At the end of the season, after the FA Cup, we will see.

"We will finish the season and after are going to talk. We spoke with him three weeks ago, one month ago. We spoke fluently.

"We are going to take a beer together and decide what is best especially for the club," he said.

The result against Leicester keeps Manchester City top on the Premier League table with 95 points, while Liverpool have 94.

City will now travel to Brighton for their final game of the season, while Liverpool welcome Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...