Cristiano Ronaldo opens up on why he stopped dribbling during football matches

Cristiano Ronaldo opens up on why he stopped dribbling during football matches

Cristiano Ronaldo has admitted he has changed his approach to football since sealing a stunning switch from Real Madrid to Juventus last summer.

In an exclusive interview with Spanish outlet El Pais, Ronaldo revealed he no longer gets the buzz of dribbling when he gets on the pitch.

The Portuguese ace was best known for his spectacular dribbling ability at the peak of his powers at Manchester United and Real Madrid that he perfectly complemented with speed and skill.

However, with age seemingly catching up with the striker, he has opted to have a significant change to his style of football and mentality, becoming more of a penalty box player.

The five-time Ballon d'Or winner is now focused on winning matches at all costs and becoming a goal machine, a mentality that has seen him gain recognition as one of the greatest goalscorers of all time.

"I see football as a mission: go to the field, win, make me better," Ronaldo said in an interview with El Pais.

"Those moments when I went to the field thinking, 'I'm going to dribble," if I'm honest, I don't have those moments anymore," he added.

At the weekend, the 34-year-old was on target in Juventus' 1-1 draw against city rivals, Torino, as the Portuguese scored his 100th headed goal of his career to gift the Bianconeri a point.

The goal once again exhibited Ronaldo's exceptional aerial prowess that defenders cannot keep up.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...