Kasper Schmeichel names three best goalkeepers in the world

Kasper Schmeichel names three best goalkeepers in the world

Leicester City goalkeeper, Kasper Schmeichel has listed Manchester City's Ederson, Barcelona's Marc-Andre ter Stegen and Atletico Madrid's Jan Oblak as the current top-three best keepers in the world.

Schmeichel said this ahead of Leicester City's Premier League clash against Pep Guardiola's Manchester City on Monday night at Etihad.

Asked to name three world best top goalkeepers, the 32-year-old, the Danish shot-stopper told Sky Sports: "I would say Ederson along with Marc-Andre ter Stegen and Jan Oblak are the three best goalkeepers in the world and have been for a while for me.

"The way Ederson plays is so brave. To dare to play like that is bravery and it also enables City to play with a much higher press.

"They are able to really press because they know any ball in behind he will sweep up.

"His bravery in daring to be in those positions, knowing the slightest mistake will cost his team, that's proper goalkeeping for me and I think he has been the best goalkeeper in this league for a while."

"So much depends on us on Monday," he added.

"We are in a position where we can affect the title race. I think Manchester City will do it in the end but I think they will have to lose to us first and then Liverpool will have to lose to Wolves!

"It's really tough to call. We are going there for our job. We are going for seventh so we are going to win."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...