Champions League: What I'll do against Liverpool - Barcelona's Suarez

Champions League: What I'll do against Liverpool - Barcelona's Suarez

Barcelona striker, Luis Suarez, has revealed what he will do during the Champions League semi-final clash against his former club, Liverpool.

The Uruguayan said although he was grateful to Liverpool for their help in developing his career, he will have no hesitation in celebrating if he scores against them for Barcelona.

Suarez will come up against Liverpool at the Camp Nou on Wednesday in the first leg of the semi-final.

He left Liverpool to move to Barcelona in the summer of 2014 for £65m and has since gone on to form a lethal partnership with Lionel Messi.

This will be the first time that Suarez has come up against his former club in a competitive match since leaving Anfield five years ago.

The Uruguayan forward told Daily Mail that he will put any thoughts of friendship to one side once kick-off comes.

"In the build-up to the game it's nice to talk about how massively grateful I am to Liverpool for all they gave me but, you know me, once I'm on the pitch there will be no friendships, no companions, no thought for all the lovely moments," he said.

"I'll defend the colours of Barcelona with all the pride in the world."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...