Just in: Emiliano Sala's father Horacio dies 3 months after the death of his son

Just in: Emiliano Sala's father Horacio dies 3 months after the death of his son

Emiliano Sala's father, Horacio, has died of heart attack at the age of 58, just three months after his son's tragic plane crash, the UK Sun reports.

Emiliano died in a plane crash aged 28 in January this year, when his light aircraft crashed en route Nantes to Cardiff.

The small plane was found on the bottom of the ocean north of Guernsey, on Wednesday, February 6.

At the time, Horacio expressed his heartbreak, after wreckage of the plane carrying his son was found in the English Channel.

Horacio said the discovery was a "nightmare", saying: "I cannot believe it. This is a dream. A bad dream. I am desperate.

"I communicated with them every day, but since I do not have WhatsApp it's hard to call them or call me.

"They told me that the days passed and there was no news of Emiliano or the plane."

Now, the mayor of Progreso, Horacio's home town, has claimed he failed to come to terms with his son's plane crash death, while confirming the 58-year-old's passing.

"He could never overcome what happened to Emiliano.

"When the body was found he thought the case would be closed - but all the news that came to light about the pilot was very difficult," Mayor Julio Muller said.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...