Carragher names two Man Utd players Solskjaer must sell after 4-0 loss to Everton

Carragher names two Man Utd players Solskjaer must sell after 4-0 loss to Everton

Former Liverpool defender, Jamie Carragher, has urged Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to sell off Paul Pogba and David De Gea, if they won't sign new deals.

Carragher, stated this while speaking on Sky Sports, following United's 4-0 humiliation at Everton on Sunday.

He told United to remember they are a huge club and to simply "get rid of" the players who are "messing about".

The Red Devils have been in a contract stand-off with De Gea for some time now while Pogba has flirted with a transfer to Real Madrid in recent weeks.

"[Ole Gunnar] Solskjaer is coming out now and questioning players and the same names are coming up. Pogba, Martial. The same players all the time.

"And the only thing I can think of, when I was at Liverpool, we weren't the team at the top of the league winning things, and you have a great player - think Steven Gerrard or Luis Suarez - and you think 'we can't lose this player, this player is everything, we're not doing great'.

"I think about that with some of the Man United players. It feels De Gea is messing about with his contract, Pogba is the same, maybe Martial has just signed one right now.

"This idea that these players can't leave your club or it will all fall apart - It's Man United! It's one of the biggest clubs in the world, and you're not exactly pulling up trees with them anyway.

"So if people aren't showing the right attitude just make a decision. Be a big club and a proper club and say 'OK. If you don't accept what we want to do, move on and we'll get someone else'. It's Manchester United!

"Never forget how big the club is and the power that they've got. Don't ever let these players dictate to the club about signing contracts, just get rid of them!" Carragher said.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...