EPL Golden Boot: Aubameyang sends warning to Aguero, Salah

EPL Golden Boot: Aubameyang sends warning to Aguero, Salah

Arsenal striker, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, is confident that he can beat Manchester City's Sergio Aguero and Liverpool winger, Mohammed Salah, in the race to finish the season as the Premier League's top scorer.

Aubameyang netted the only goal as the Gunners defeated Watford 1-0 at Vicarage Road on Monday, earning a win that moved the Gunners up to fourth in the table.

Troy Deeney's red card shortly after the goal gave Watford a mountain to climb, but Javi Gracia's side hit the woodwork twice and Arsenal held on for all three points.

Aubameyang moved on to 18 Premier League goals and is now within one of Golden Boot leaders: Salah and Aguero, while Liverpool's Sadio Mane is level with the Gabon international.

"Yeah, why not. I feel confident," Aubameyang told Sky Sports when asked if he could claim the Golden Boot.

"The race is going on. I know it's a tough battle. I'm confident that I will carry on.

"I was confident. It's a long time I wanted to score a goal like this. Tonight, it went through. I was confident. Normally, goalkeepers, they don't really know if you're coming back to them. It was a good goal for me, I like it."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...