German court orders Barcelona star to pay €10,000 fine after leaving former home 'like a dustbin'

German court orders Barcelona star to pay €10,000 fine after leaving former home 'like a dustbin'

Barcelona superstar Ousmane Dembele has been slammed with a €10,000 fine by a German court after leaving the house while at Borussia Dortmund littered with rubbish.

The 21-year-old joined the Catalans in a five year deal valued around £105 million in the summer of 2017 as replacement for Neymar.

Upon sealing the move to join the La Liga side two year ago, the Frenchman has now been fined for abandoning his old home by the German authorities.

The Mirror quoting German newspaper Bild reports that Dembele's landlord Gerd Weissenberg said: "The house was a dustbin. The house was totally littered .

"Every room. When I first entered the house again, I got a shock. It's my parents' home and that's why I'm very disappointed. I am selling the house now ."

The Sun further reports that Weissenberg charged the player about €21,000 in damages but will get close to half of his claims.

Meanwhile, Demebele's lawyer Horst Kletke was pleased with the ruling regarding his client saying: "Of course Mr Dembele earns lots of money but he also has the right to be treated correctly. "We've made big strides today (with the reduced fine verdict) ."

The 2018 World Cup winning striker has been included in Barcelona's squad to face Manchester United in Wednesday's Champions League quarter-final at Old Trafford.

He has scored 13 goals and registered six assists in all competitions for the Blaugrana this campaign, and he has a chance to increase his tally before the end of the season.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...