Ex-Chelsea manager, Conte identifies Man United player he'll sign at new club

Ex-Chelsea manager, Conte identifies Man United player he'll sign at new club

Former Chelsea manager, Antonio Conte has disclosed that he will first sign Manchester United striker, Romelu Lukaku once he becomes Inter Milan's new coach at the end of the season.

Conte, who has been out of a job since being sacked by Chelsea in July 2018, is set to take over from current Inter boss, Luciano Spalletti this summer.

La Repubblica reports that Conte is already drawing up a list of potential transfer targets and has identified Lukaku as the player on his top target ahead of the 2019/20 season.

Speaking on Lukaku's future at Man United earlier this week, the player's agent, Federico Pastorello told Sky Sports that the Belgium international likes Italy, adding that he is someone who loves to know different cultures and like to have a career playing in different countries.

Pastorello said: "Let's see what will happen in the future at the end the season. It's his second season here and he will still have three years on his contract until the end. Let's see.

"He's someone who loves to know a different culture, a different football.

"He sees a way to have a career playing in different countries because he would like to win some trophies and prove himself and say to his children "I won there and I won there and I won there" and "I was a very good player in all the top championships" so let's see."

Pastorello added: "The future is really very open but, at the moment, we don't discuss about that because really the season is in a big moment.

"He likes Italy. When he was a child he followed a lot the Italian league."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...