Why I threatened to break Ronaldinho's legs during Chelsea vs Barcelona UCL clash - Makelele

Why I threatened to break Ronaldinho's legs during Chelsea vs Barcelona UCL clash - Makelele

Former Chelsea midfielder Claude Makelele has revealed that he threatened to break Ranaldinho's legs during his side's Champions League clash.

Both stars went head-to-head six times in the European elite competition between 2005 and 2006 season.

According to the Mirror, the two clubs won two, lost two and drew two of those games each - with the Brazilian wizard finding the back of the net three times.

Meanwhile, two of his goals came in the Blaugrana's 4-2 win over the Premier League side at Stamford Bridge.

Ronaldinho mesmerised the tough midfielder in that particular game to help the Spanish side record the win.

The Frenchman while speaking to Gallas on RMC Sports admitted what he told Ronaldinho: "I would rather you come at me and dribble past me properly .

"But with all your PlayStation tricks, I'm going to put you in hospital! What did he do? He gave me the ball and apologised. "

Makelele joined Chelsea from Real Madrid in 2003 and played 217 times during his five year reign at the club.

The former midfielder won the Premier League twice under Jose Mourinho's, coupled with a few other domestic trophies.

"Zidane was an artist, but every move he made was to add something to the attack or to advance, " Makelele said.

"He took a beating. In that context, you can't say anything. With Ronaldinho, it's the same thing, in this context, you can't say anything. But at some point, he started to go too far ."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...