Ronaldo refuses to sign Real Madrid jersey from fan, asks for Juventus shirt instead

Ronaldo refuses to sign Real Madrid jersey from fan, asks for Juventus shirt instead

Cristiano Ronaldo was spotted asking a fan for Juventus shirt to sign instead of Real Madrid jersey during Portugal's goalless draw with Ukraine in the Euro 2020 qualifiers.

Ronaldo famously ended his nine-year romance with Los Blancos and joined Italian champions Juventus last summer.

The 34-year-old later revealed his relationship with President Florentino Perez was one of his main reason for leaving the Bernabeu.

In an interview with France Football, the Portuguese said, "I felt within the club, especially from the president, that I was no longer considered in the same way as I was at the beginning. For the first four or five years, I felt like Cristiano Ronaldo. Less so after."

"The president looked at me in a way that suggested I was no longer indispensable if you know what I mean. That is what made me think about leaving."

Ronaldo's interaction with a fans about signing of a jersey suggests the ex-Manchester United star has moved on from his past with Madrid.

According to Express UK, when a fan gave the Juventus star a Real Madrid shirt to sign, the five-time Ballon d'Or winner jokingly said, "Don't you have a Juventus shirt?", to which the fan replied, "I have it, I have it."

After having a conversation with the supporter, Ronaldo finally signed the Juventus jersey.

Ronaldo and Portugal are set to face Serbia in their second Euro 2020 qualifier on Monday after a disappointing 0-0 draw on his return to international scene.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...