Why Sadio Mane is currently better than Mohamed Salah - Klopp

Why Sadio Mane is currently better than Mohamed Salah - Klopp

Liverpool manager, Jurgen Klopp has explained why Senegalese star, Sadio Mane, is currently doing better than Egyptian forward, Mohamed Salah.

Mane has scored 11 goals in his last eleven games for Liverpool, while Salah has not scored in his last seven matches.

But Klopp believes Mane is always in the right spot at the right moment, while Salah needs to work very hard to start scoring again for the Reds.

"He [Sadio Mane] is in a really good moment, of course," Klopp told Liverpool's official website.

"Sadio played pretty much always like this but now he is always in the right spot in the right moment. In football, it's sometimes like this.

"The only thing he did when he was not always in the right spot was work and work and work.

"That's exactly what Mo Salah has to do, exactly the same: just work, do the right things and it will come again."

Klopp added: "He's just rather unlucky, where Sadio is lucky in the moment - he is in brilliant shape, that's true.

"But then, he is in the right shape and maybe a yard away from him is Mo, but somebody else scored; the cross from Robbo (at Fulham), I'm pretty sure Mo would have scored if Gini doesn't get the ball.

"These moments... I was a striker, I had that as well, you think, 'Oh' and then somebody else missed the chance.
 That's how it is, all good.

"But, of course, it's a brilliant moment for him (Mane)."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...