unai Emery reveals Arsenal player that made him proud during 2-0 win over Man Utd

unai Emery reveals Arsenal player that made him proud during 2-0 win over Man Utd

Arsenal manager, Unai Emery, has said that the performance of goalkeeper Bernd Leno, made him "proud" after his side's 2-0 win over Manchester United.

Leno started the season behind Petr Cech in the pecking order, following his £19million move from Bayer Leverkusen.

The 27-year-old gave his most accomplished display in an Arsenal shirt to date, during the victory which significantly enhanced their hopes of qualifying for next season's Champions League.

Leno made several brave and athletic stops, from Romelu Lukaku in particular and Emery was delighted with his No.1's contribution.

He told Sky Sports: "I'm very proud of our players. They gave all they could against the best team at this moment.

"We were playing very competitive for 90 minutes and I think we deserved this victory. We can be happy today.

"We knew Manchester United could use different tactics but we wanted to impose our gameplan and I think we did that.

"Our goalkeeper is very important and sometimes the goalkeeper can save us and today I'm very proud of his work."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...