What Arsenal's win over Man United means - Emery speaks on Rennes' 3-1 deficit

What Arsenal's win over Man United means - Emery speaks on Rennes' 3-1 deficit

Arsenal Manager, Unai Emery, said the team's win over English Premier League rivals Manchester United at Emirates Stadium was a confidence-booster ahead of Thursday's match against Ligue 1 side Rennes in the Europa League.

On Arsenal chances of overturning a 3-1 deficit, Emery stated that he was upbeat that his team can achieve the feat and progress to the quarter finals of the competition.

In his post match interview with newsmen agate Sunday's game, the coach said: "I think we were in a good moment in Rennes but the circumstances which led to the defeat kind of depleted the team's confidence.

"So, it was important to bounce back and recover from the defeat ahead of the second leg against the French side on Thursday.

"I think a win against a team like United can give us that extra confidence we need for our remaining matches both in the Europa league as well as the premier league.

"Our next game against Rennes will indeed be a very difficult match, of course after the 3-1 defeat, but we are going to prepare and focus solely on the match and I am hopeful that our supporters can come out en masse to support us like they did today".

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...