I get the same treatment like my teammates - Chelsea star denies being Sarri's favourite player

I get the same treatment like my teammates - Chelsea star denies being Sarri's favourite player

Jorginho has refused to accept he get preferential treatment from Chelsea boss Maurizio and insists he maintains a normal relationship with the Italian.

The Italy midfielder joined the Stamford Bridge outfit from Serie A side Napoli on the same day Sarri became manager, and he was described as a key figure at the club.

The 27-year-old has played 28 out of 29 Premier League games this season an d has been central to Sarri's tactics in their possessive style of play.

But the Brazilian-born Italian midfielder has come under huge criticisms from fans and the media for not living up to his hefty price-tag.

However, Jorginho does not like being painted Sarri's favourite player and claims he need no special treatment as a player.

He told The Sun: "I'm not special. No, I'm a normal player. I don't want to be special, it's not good. It's perfect to be the same as everyone else. I don't want to be the special one.

"Even if they do think I am Sarri's man, I want to show why Sarri likes me. So I want to show them I am a good player and they are wrong to have that attitude towards me.

"I don't consider myself to be his golden boy. I just think that I am a player who can help him to do the things he wants to do.

"I am just a player like everyone else. He has certainly let me know what he thinks! He has shouted at me, told me I was getting some things wrong ... and that is it, I am just a normal player like everyone else.

"I am very calm, because I know how hard I am working and how much effort I am putting in.

"So I accept their views but don't share them. I respect their opinion and that gives me strength. So I listen, I stay calm and work hard and I try to pay them back for their support on the pitch, by trying to do better.

"The fans are entitled to have their opinion of course, to be supporters and to think whatever they like. I respect that and it also gives me strength to work more to change their views on me."

Jorginho also wants under pressure manager Sarri, to be given more time to implement his philosophy after speculation that the Italian boss will be sacked before the end of the season.

He added: "I have never had any doubts because I believe in myself.

"If there is ever a time when I don't believe in myself then that will be a problem.

"Sarri's football can work in England. But I also think that is normal that it is taking time for everyone to learn what they should be doing. It's normal and it takes time.

"Pep Guardiola also had problems in his first year so why shouldn't Sarri have problems as well?"

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...