Jose Mourinho turns down mega-money coaching job

Jose Mourinho turns down mega-money coaching job

Former Manchester United and Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has reportedly turned down a mega offer to manage a Chinese national team.

The Portuguese tactician was sacked by the Red Devils in December 2018 after his relationship with his players deteriorated.

He has however been heavily linked with a move to re-join Real Madrid before the end of the ongoing leagues season following Los Blancos ouster from the Champions League.

Mourinho has been enjoying life as a pundit recently after appearing as a guest on BeIN Sports studios for the El Clasico clash against Madrid and Barcelona last weekend.

The 56-year-old once managed the Galacticos and won three titles for the club, but missed out of winning European title for the club.

Football agent and close friend of Mourinho, Ioan Becali, said: " We met up to have breakfast in a hotel next to his house and he told me told that he had received an offer from China to take charge of the national team and they put a blank cheque in front of him.

"He told me: 'I am 54 years old, I want to work five more years in Europe and after I turn 60 I'll go to China. "

Mourinho was sacked as Manchester United manager in December after overseeing the Red Devils' worst-ever start to a Premier League season.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...