Jose Mourinho finally reacts to reports linking him to Real Madrid

Jose Mourinho finally reacts to reports linking him to Real Madrid

Former Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho has stylishly distanced himself from reports he could replace Santiago Solari anytime soon.

Los Blancos under the Spanish tactician are struggling - having crashed out of two major competitions this season.

Though, Solari joined them in October last year following the sack of Julen Lopetegui, his reign has not particularly favoured the Spanish League giants.

And they could end this campaign without silverware as they currently trail table toppers Barcelona with 12 points in the Spanish League.

The 56-year-old according to Daily Mail is however excited with the club fans calling for his return after chanting his name.

Madrid fans called for the Portuguese boss to return after their 4-1 thumping at the hands of Ajax on Tuesday night.

"The chants? I am proud, but Real Madrid have a coach ," Mourinho told El Chiringuito TV outside his house in London.

"Obviously I am proud, when you hear your name in that context, but there is nothing more than that because there has been nothing, not even the minimum contact .

"I have not spoken to anyone and there a lot of rumours, but we all know that rumours in football are not good and they are not strong .

"The result was surprising when you see what this club has done recently in this tournament, winning four out of five Champions League is incredible.

"They know that when they have those victories I am happy for them and they know too that I am not happy about what happened at the end of my spell .

"I have a lot of respect for what they have done because I do not think it will be repeated."

Mourinho won one Premier League and one Copa Del Rey titles during his three year reign in Spain.

The Portuguese tactician is however jobless after being sacked by Manchester United in December.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...