Chelsea owner Abramovich finally reveals what he will do to Arrizabalaga after EFL Cup row

Chelsea owner Abramovich finally reveals what he will do to Arrizabalaga after EFL Cup row

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is reportedly planning to hand goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga stiff punishment after his refusal to be substituted in EFL Cup final defeat.

The Blues were beaten 4-3 on penalties by Manchester City after both sides had failed to find the back of the net in 120 minutes.

He was however dropped from the squad by his manager Maurizio Sarri in their 2-0 win over Tottenham at Stamford Bridge.

And few days later, the Spaniard returned to starting eleven for the London club as they went to Craven Cottage to beat Fulham 2-1.

The Mirror quoting El Confidencial reports that Chelsea owner has told the club to find a buyer for the goalkeeper.

Arrizabalaga joined the Blues in a world record fee for goalkeepers last summer after Thibuat Courtois forced a move to Real Madrid last year.

The Stamford Bridge outfit will struggle to find a suitor for the goal tender in the Premier League while interested La Liga clubs may not be able to pay.

Meanwhile, Ruben Loftus-Cheek revealed that the keeper apologised to the team after Fulham's win for his actions in the Carabao Cup final.

"The boss obviously wanted to show he demands respect from his players and he obviously put in Willy [Caballero] for the Tottenham game, " Loftus-Cheek said.

"Kepa was honest with us and he apologised to all of us the day after the final and we all accepted that apology .

"I think there was a misunderstanding involved in it but he apologised to us and we accepted it. I think it's very important to move on quickly from that ."

Meanwhile, former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho believes Arrizabalaga's actions were a "misunderstanding."

"It looks like it was a misunderstanding where a lot of people were part of it," Mourinho told beIN Sports.

"The doctor on the pitch, the goalkeeper coach who wasn't involved and sat, the emotion of the moment, Maurizio desperate with the reaction .

"There were a lot of factors which made us think 'wow, this is big'. But it looks like it was more of a misunderstanding with the player.

"I have a few friends at the club, and everybody speaks to me amazingly well about Kepa. They say he's a great kid, they say he's not capable of this kind of confrontational attitude.

"And when the inside information is positive like that, I believe this kind of information ."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...