Arsenal superstar receives stunning birthday gift from girlfriend (photo)

Arsenal superstar receives stunning birthday gift from girlfriend (photo)

Arsenal goalkeeper Bernd Leno was on Monday, March 4, in joyous mood when he received a surprise birthday gift from his girlfriend Sophie Christin as he turned 27.

Sophie Christin made an Arsenal shirt cake to celebrate the 27th birthday of her boyfriend who has been superb this season for Arsenal in all competitions.

Since Leno arrived the Emirates stadium from Bayer Leverkusen, he has featured in 23 out of 29 Premier League games this season for the North London club.

Bernd Leno has now revealed that he is loving life at the Emirates and is determined to seal his first year with a place in the Champions League.

"Before I made my decision I talked to Musti and Mesut about it a lot. They both said that Arsenal is a big club and that I would love it here.

"I talked with my brother, my parents and my girlfriend, and they were all very excited for me. It was clear that I had to sign for Arsenal.

"Things have started well here and everyone's been very welcoming. I think we had a great pre-season and I've really enjoyed working with Petr.

"At the end of the season, we want to get back into the Champions League of course, and then hopefully win a trophy in the process,'' Leno told Arsenal website.

Arsenal are currently occupying fifth position on the Premier League standings with 57 points after 29 games played so far this season.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...