Mourinho reveals what Chelsea insiders told him about Sarri dropping Kepa

Mourinho reveals what Chelsea insiders told him about Sarri dropping Kepa

Jose Mourinho has revealed that Chelsea insiders told him that Kepa does not have a "confrontational attitude", after he was dropped by Maurizio Sarri earlier this week.

Kepa was fined a week's wage and dropped for the 2-0 win over Tottenham on Wednesday, after he refused to leave the pitch as a substitute during the Carabao Cup final defeat last Sunday.

The Spaniard was however reinstated for Chelsea's clash with Fulham on Sunday, while Sarri has insisted that the incident was a "misunderstanding".

But Mourinho believes Sarri's version of events, after speaking to people he knows at Chelsea.

"It looks like it was a misunderstanding where a lot of people were part of it.

"The doctor on the pitch, the goalkeeper coach who wasn't involved and sat, the emotion of the moment, Maurizio desperate with the reaction.

"There were a lot of factors which made us think 'wow, this is big'.

"But it looks like it was more of a misunderstanding with the player.

"I have a few friends at the club, and everybody speaks to me amazingly well about Kepa.

"They say he's a great kid, they say he's not capable of this kind of confrontational attitude.

"And when the inside information is positive like that, I believe this kind of information," Mourinho told beIN Sports.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...