Maurizio Sarri breaks silence on Chelsea's transfer ban, reveals what the club will do

Maurizio Sarri breaks silence on Chelsea's transfer ban, reveals what the club will do

Maurizio Sarri who is the handler of Chelsea has explained the club will cope with the two-window transfer ban slapped on them by FIFA for breaching transfer rules.

The west London club is said to have signed 29 players under the age of 18 contrary to FIFA's regulations.

Chelsea have since appealed the decision, with the hope that the world football governing body will reverse the decision.

"I don't know very well the situation, but I know the club are working. So I think they can solve this problem.

Maybe for this summer, maybe not. But they are working,'' the Italian explained ahead of facing Tottenham on Wednesday night, February 27.

However, should the ban stand, Chelsea will not be able to make signing of any player until the summer of 2020.

Be that as it may, Sarri has exuded confidence the club will be able to endure the ban, revealing Chelsea will develop the existing squad.

"I don't know. But I think that, first of all, we need to improve these players. Because we cannot buy 20 players in the market because there aren't 20 players ready for Chelsea in the market," Sarri stated.

The Italian tactician is currently under immense pressure at the Stamford Bridge outfit after recording a string of poor results.

Chelsea currently sit sixth on the log with 50 points, two behind fifth-placed Manchester United.

They are in contention of the Europa League title having reached the round of 16 of the competition.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...