Neymar moved to tears as he talks about his 'very special friendship' with Messi

Neymar moved to tears as he talks about his 'very special friendship' with Messi

Neymar was moved to tears when he was asked about his special friendship with Lionel Messi during his spell at Barcelona.

The 27-year-old left Camp Nou for a world record £198million move in 2017 and reports claim Messi would love to reunite with his former teammate.

The Brazilian star enjoyed a stunning rapport with the Argentine in his four-year spell in Spain when he moved from Santos and 2013.

In an interview with Esporte Espetacular, Neymar was moved to tears as he revealed the support he was always given by Messi during his time with the Catalan giants.

He said: "I tell this story to everyone, that at the time I most needed support, the man on the team, the best in the world, came and gave me love."

There have been speculation Neymar could make a surprise return to La Liga and the attacker got emotional when discussing Messi's pleas to come back.

He added: "It's difficult, it's difficult, being sincere is very difficult because Leo was a very special guy for me at Barcelona."

Neymar also added that when he first arrived at the club Messi told him "I'm here to help you" and advised him not to fear any of his team-mates or be shy.

Paris-Saint Germain recently ruled out selling both Neymar and Kylian Mbappe.

The future of the two star players had been called into question after it was suggested that the Ligue 1 giants were likely to be investigated by UEFA.

Speaking to French daily Le Parisien, the club's president Nasser Al-Khelaifi said: "They (Neymar and Mbappe) will stay in Paris.

"Many media, especially in France, claim that one would need to sell Neymar or Kylian. I want to confirm that they will stay here."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...