Chelsea fans attack 1 superstar after the Blues EFL Cup defeat against Man City

Chelsea fans attack 1 superstar after the Blues EFL Cup defeat against Man City

Chelsea fans have slammed goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga for his refusal to be substituted on Sunday evening, February 24, in the Blues' defeat against Manchester City in the EFL Cup final.

It was a show of shame at the Wembley Stadium as the Spanish goalkeeper refused to listen to his manager Maurizio Sarri after full time whistle was blown against Manchester City.

Maurizio Sarri wanted to bring on penalty expert Willy Caballero as the game headed to a shootout but Kepa refused to leave the pitch.

Willy Caballero was ready to get on the pitch in the final minutes of extra time of the game but Kepa insisted that he will not go out.

His decision made Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri angry at the touchline showing his annoyance in a bitter way for Kepa to have refused to follow his instruction.

And to make matters worse at Wembley for Chelsea, Kepa saved just one penalty from Leroy Sane as the Blues went to to lose 4-3 on penalties.

It is not yet clear what will be the consequence of what Kepa did against Manchester City, but Chelsea fans have attacked the 24-year-old on social media.

See reactions:

@Wolfpac86: "Whatever happens Sari Kepa's contract should immediately be cancelled and sold. What a disgrace. This is the result of the player power culture which has been fostered by Chelsea owner."
#Kepa #CHEMCI

@KubaJedlicka: "This is the most unprofessional thing I've seen in my lifetime ! Are you serius Kepa !? Get out of my club !"

@exauldn: "Kepa GET OUT OF MY CLUB"

@Mxwll__: "@kepa_46 you messed up today. Showed a total lack of class. You are not worthy to be a Blue. You owe the manager an apology. Get out of my club."

@AlainBenot2: "#Kepa OUT ! You leave us all shamefull, you egocentric freak ! Get out ! I hope to never see him again on the starting eleven until the end of the season as a punishement."

Meanwhile, Chelsea have been sent out of the FA Cup and they will now have the Europa League title to fight for this season as it will be hard for them to win the Premier League.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...