Carlo Ancelotti finally reveals the real reason Real Madrid sacked him in 2015

Carlo Ancelotti finally reveals the real reason Real Madrid sacked him in 2015

Carlo Ancelotti, current Napoli manager says Gareth Bale played a crucial role in his sacking while at Real Madrid.

The Italian born tactician was in charge of Los Blancos from 2013 to 2015 where he won four titles - one Champions League, one Copa Del Rey, one UEFA Super Cup and a FIFA Club World Cup.

However, in spite of his feat for the club in his first season at the club, he was relieved of his duties at the end of his second season in charge at the Santiago Bernabeu.

Both Ancelotti and Bale arrived at the club almost the same time as the attacker was signed in the club's record signing from Tottenham in 2013.

According to Express.co.uk, the Napoli boss was talking about the current lack of goals in his side but claimed they are a team and not a group of individuals.

He said: "Altruism in a squad is important, because if there's something that drives me mad, it's people who are egotistic in a match situation .

"Those moments when a player really should pass the ball and he doesn't. I paid for this in my own career.

"The reason the row with Florentino Perez exploded in Madrid was my substitution of Bale against Valencia .

"Bale should've passed it to Karim Benzema, who would've scored in front of an open goal, but instead he took the shot .

"I hauled Bale off and the chaos erupted. Perhaps excessive altruism is also a limitation in a striker, as he needs a bit of egotism, but not if it's over the top .

"It seems bad to say this, but if Napoli's forwards were a little more egotistical, we might get a few advantages out of that. "

Few seasons down the line, Gareth Bale has been heavily linked with a move away from the Bernabeu after failing to nick starting shirt with current boss Santiago Solari.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...