Checkout Man utd player who is identified as the player forcing Lukaku out of Man Utd

Checkout Man utd player who is identified as the player forcing Lukaku out of Man Utd

Romelu Lukaku could be the victim of Marcus Rashford's rise to Manchester United's primary attacking option, according to Danny Higginbotham.

Lukaku has been on the decline since Ole Gunnar Solskjaer took charge at Old Trafford, scoring just two goals in five starts under the United caretaker boss.

Rashford has however seized the opportunity to lead the United line with both hands, firing seven goals in his last 10 appearances.

Higginbotham, speaking on The Debate, explained that Rashford's form and fluidity in attack could leave Lukaku surplus to requirement at Old Trafford this summer.

"It would be a huge step back if Rashford had to take a step backwards after what he has done.

"If Solskjaer does get the job, I don't see Lukaku staying. We've seen he likes the flexible front three.

"Lukaku is a fantastic centre forward but he is a centre forward, whereas Rashford will interchange with (Jesse) Lingard and (Anthony) Martial.

"Can Rashford be that one No 9 at United? I don't think there is the necessity to have a No 9 because of the way that they play.

"Rashford can play in a number of different ways, and because of that I'd be very surprised if Lukaku didn't go in the summer," he said.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...