What I did to my 'haters' at Man United - Ibrahimovic

What I did to my 'haters' at Man United - Ibrahimovic

Swedish veteran footballer, Zlatan Ibrahimovic has reflected on the highlights of his two years at Manchester United and his special relationship with the fans.

According to him, it took just three months for him to turn his "haters" into fans and eradicate the negative talk that he was not good enough for Old Trafford.

recall that the Swedish striker left the English topflight team to join the LA Galaxy last March.

In a chat with Manchester United's website, Ibrahimovic said: "I worked, tried to do my thing, still adapt to the team, adapt to the coach's philosophy and to the club, and I had no issues with those things because I'm professional.

"I like to work, I take instructions, at the same time I like to do my things that I think, I know, I'm good at, and I try to help the team in the best way.

"Still, everybody was talking, thinking they knew everything.

"My challenge was, at the age I was, coming to England, where I had years of everybody was saying I wasn't good enough.

"I like those things because they trigger me. They give me adrenaline. After three months, all of them were eating their own words. I needed new haters because all the old ones became my new fans!"

And the 37-year-old developed a strong mutual admiration with the club's fans, remembering the great moment fans started to sing his name.

He said, "I don't need to lick ass, but the fans were just amazing.

"I remember my first game in the Premier League at Bournemouth, I scored and the fans were singing my song for 45 minutes. After 20 minutes I was like: guys, please, my game is not really on top right now. Wait until I'm on top, wait and see!"

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...