Jurgen Klopp and Bayern coach engage in battle after Champions League clash at Anfield

Jurgen Klopp and Bayern coach engage in battle after Champions League clash at Anfield

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp on Tuesday night, February 19, had an handshake row with Beyern Munich coach Kovac after the 0-0 Champions League draw at Anfield.

Jurgen Klopp's men who were runners-up in last season's Champions League were unable to find the back of the net against the German side.

The second leg in Germany is now expected to be a tough encounter for Liverpool considering the fact that Bayern Munich will be playing in front of their fans.

But after the goalless draw in the first leg match an Anfield, Liverpool coach Jurgen Klopp reacted after being snubbed by Kovac.

Klopp was waiting to embrace the Bayern Munich handler, but he instead turned to his players for handshakes.

"I wanted to shake Niko's hand immediately. He went and shook all of the Bayern players' hands.

"When he came back I said I was waiting. But he apologized and I said no problem. It was a pure misunderstanding. I stood there like the ox in front of the mountain,'' Klopp explained according to UK Sun.

And Kovac admitted: "It's common in England to shake hands after the final whistle. But first I am to my bench and not to him.

"He knows that differently from England. But it was not meant to be bad, I apologized after that."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...