Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri reacts to fans calling for his sack

Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri reacts to fans calling for his sack

Maurizio Sarri seemed unmoved despite Chelsea's 2-0 loss to Manchester United in the FA Cup, insisting he does not care what the fans think.

Ander Herrera and Paul Pogba both scored from with headers in the first half to hand the Red Devils a fifth round win and a place in the quarter finals.

And frustrated supporters at Stamford Bridge made their voices known that it is time for the Italian manager to get kicked out.

Angry fans chanted and sang "you're getting sacked in the morning" at the former Napoli boss.

Fans jeered Sarri when he made like-a-like substitutions and players were booed off at half time and at full time, the atmosphere became tense.

But the 59-year-old declared in a post-match interview: "I am worried about the results - not about the fans.

"I can understand, because the result wasn't really good. We are out of the FA Cup, so I can understand. But I am worried about the results.

"I could not hear what they were singing very well, but sometimes yes. I have never had that sung at me before, but there is always a first time."

Sarri's job appears to be on the line after the humiliating 6-0 defeat to Manchester City and the loss to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's men.

But when asked about if he is worried about being sacked, Sari said: "No. I was really very worried when I was in League Two in Italy. Not now.

"We were unlucky. Will I be given time? It's not my problem.

"My problem is to start preparing for the next game. I think the players are with me. I am not sure, but I think so.

"My relationship with my players is good."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...