Here's the huge amount Floyd Mayweather will make in his next fight

Here's the huge amount Floyd Mayweather will make in his next fight

Retired American boxer Floyd Mayweather has revealed he will earn about $80 million from exhibition fights in 2019.

The 41-year-old had a stainless boxing career after recording 50 wins out of 50 bouts - 27 of them on knockouts.

Mayweather has a boxing events lined up for him in Japan this July after facing Tenshin Nasukawa on New Year's Eve.

The 'money-man' as he is fondly referred to made $9m in just over two minutes on that occasion and is set to rake in even more over the next 12 months.

Daily Mail however reports that the boxer-turned promoter has avoided every talk of a re-fight against Manny Pacquiao, but admitted to TMZ, "The fans want to know what's going on."

He said: "I'm not here to talk about boxing right now. I'm living life, I'm eating so good, so many smart investments, dam'n they can't stop me.

"I got exhibitions, I got another one in Japan in July. In exhibitions alone I'll make about $80m this year .

"I don't have to do the real thing, I am the real thing. I've proved myself. It's all about being smart. My faculties are very important. "

Mayweather negotiated himself a $100m (£78m) pay-day against Conor McGregor in August 2017 before earning $9m (£7m) in a farcical exhibition bout against Nasukawa in Japan.

He currently works as a promoter for upcoming fighter Gervonta Davis - who Mayweather wants to fight Nasukawa in April in another exhibition - but he may yet have another bout of his own left in him.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...