Marcelo reveals the big secret Ronaldo told him before UCL final against Liverpool

Marcelo reveals the big secret Ronaldo told him before UCL final against Liverpool

Marcelo has finally explained that Portugal international Cristiano Ronaldo told him he was leaving Real Madrid before the club played Liverpool in the Champions League final.

The Brazilian defender and Cristiano Ronaldo were closed pals at Real Madrid and there have even been many reports that Marcelo could also make a move to Italy this summer.

Cristiano Ronaldo joined Juventus last year after winning the 2017/18 Champions League title with Real Madrid beating Liverpool in Kiev.

And since his departure, Real Madrid have been struggling to score goals with the likes of Karim Benzema and Gareth Bale finding in difficult this season.

It has now been revealed that Cristiano Ronaldo told Marcelo of his plan to leave Real Madrid before winning his last Champions League title with the club.

"Damm, we were training for the final and he told me: 'I'm leaving,'

"I realize that I have lied to you about this before, but that is because I had to.

"Juventus move? They are a great club, but I have a contract with Real Madrid,'' Marcelo told Esporte Interativo.

Meanwhile, Real Madrid are currently occupying second position on the La Liga standings with 45 points after 23 games played this season.

Ronaldo on the other hand has been impressive for Juventus this season and has already won a title with the Old Lady.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...