What Maurizio Sarri told Chelsea fans after Man City 6-0 bashing at Etihad

What Maurizio Sarri told Chelsea fans after Man City 6-0 bashing at Etihad

Chelsea boss, Maurizio Sarri, has sent an emotional apology to the club's fans after his side's 6-0 thumping by Manchester City in a Premier League clash played at Etihad Stadium.

A Sergio Aguero hat-trick, Raheem Sterling's brace and Gundogan's sublime finish ensured City's comprehensive victory over the former EPL champions.

A remorseful Sarri admitted his side was a little unlucky during the away trip, revealing he had made sufficient preparations prior to the encounter.

"I am doing my best and I'm trying to get the players to do their best but at the moment I can only say sorry because in the last three away matches we played very badly," talkSPORT quoted Sarri.

"It's very difficult to describe our performance. It's also very difficult to understand because during the week I really was very happy with the team," he explained.

He acknowledged Chelsea's defensive blunders in the opening exchanges of the Sunday evening, February 10, tie that saw them concede four goals at half-time.

The Italian tactician further took time to demystify the Blues' previous four matches that have seen them slip to sixth on the Premier League standings.

The result at Etihad could throw Sarri's future at Stamford Bridge under sharp speculation should the club fail to quality for the Champions League next season.

Meanwhile, City's victory over the West London side saw them unseat Liverpool from the top spot as the race for the Premier League title heats up.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...