Young school girl left emotional after Chelsea star Hazard did 1 amazing thing

Young school girl left emotional after Chelsea star Hazard did 1 amazing thing

Chelsea star Eden Hazard reduced a young girl to tears after giving her and her mates surprise visit in their school.

The 28-year-old, who will be in action for the Blues when they face Manchester City in Sunday's crunch Premier League clash took time off training to show up at their school.

Hazard, according to SunSport hid behind a curtain while the pupils recite poems after which he came out of his hiding and surprised the young girl.

The visit gifted Olivia, a big time Chelsea supporter a signed shirt from the Russia 2018 bronze winning star and burst into tears.

Olivia said: "We were talking about diversity and equality and then Eden Hazard walked in! I was very shocked!"

Hazard took a trip to the school to help teach the kids about discrimination and help with Chelsea's fight against anti-Semitism.

During his visit to the school, Hazard said that: "I've been here today to listen to the children read their poems about discrimination .

"It was great fun and it was very good to hear them speak about that and I'm very happy to have been able to spend the time with them .

"Children watch a lot of football so it is important to be a good image for them. "Around the world we do see discrimination so we try to talk about that because we need to .

"If we can help them to learn things about life then it's good. "It's very important that the Chelsea Foundation do these type of things and talk with the kids about equality and discrimination .

"To be part of that with them today makes me happy. "

Meanwhile, the school's headteacher - Claude Gauci - added: "The work the Foundation is doing is key. "This community is so diverse and mixed, with different religions and cultures .

"So it's huge that Chelsea are working really hard to ensure that there is awareness about diversity and equality .

"It has been amazing to have Eden Hazard come and visit. We are the nearest school to the club and we have such a close bond but to have someone like him come here is a great thing.

"It's made everyone so upbeat, it truly has been brilliant."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...