Sarri names 2 players who will be key to Chelsea's Premier League clash against Man City

Sarri names 2 players who will be key to Chelsea's Premier League clash against Man City

Eden Hazard and Gonzalo Higuain have been dubbed as the two formidable forces that will turn things around for Chelsea this season, Maurizio Sarri explains.

It took just three games for the Belgian and the Argentine to bond since Higuain's January arrival from AC Milan on loan.

The 30-year-old scored a brace in the west London club's victory against Huddersfield last weekend and will be looking to replicate his form against Manchester City at Etihad.

Chelsea have been inconsistent this season after spectacularly crashing 4-0 to Bournemouth and recovered against Huddersfield but have lost also badly to Tottenham and Arsenal respectively.

However, Sarri believes Higuain's could change that record for the rest of the season after combining well with Hazard which saw both players scoring a brace last weekend.

The Chelsea manager said: "Gonzalo is a great player. He has done very well everywhere, in Madrid, in Naples, in Milan.

"He is very useful for Eden. They are very suitable to play together. Gonzalo at the moment is very determined, and that is important.

"He is already inspiring the other players. As you saw in the last match, Eden passed the ball very often to Gonzalo.

"They speak the same language with the ball, so Gonzalo will be very important for us."

Before Higuain's arrival, Sarri has opted to play Hazard as a false nine leaving neither Alvaro Morata or Olivier Giroud out in the center-forward position.

The Argentine had wanted to escape from an indifferent loan spell at AC Milan from Juventus to rejoin his favourite coach, who he once described as like a father to him.

Sari joked: "I hope I am just a football father - I don't know his mother!

"Mentally I think it is the same for both of us. Gonzalo is very suitable for my football, so the feeling is fantastic. It's a football feeling.

"Gonzalo needs confidence first of all. He needs a very good relationship with his coach, with his teammates. Sometimes he needs a message from the coach. We will see in the future."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...