Cristiano Ronaldo's mum attacks American lady who accused his son of assault

Cristiano Ronaldo's mum attacks American lady who accused his son of assault

Dolores Aveiro, Cristiano Ronaldo's mother, has blasted Kathryn Mayorga after accusing the Juventus star of assault.

The 64-year-old mother of the five time Ballon d'or winner insists that she has complete trust in his son, saying: " I know the son I have. "

She questioned Mayorga's motives of following Ronaldo to his room, claiming the American "didn't go to his hotel room to play cards" in Las Vegas in 2009.

Dolores backed her son on social media last October by posting a picture of him in a Superman cape.

She said: " I want to see who has the courage to put this photo on their profile for a week and make a chain for him..for Portugal, for him, for us and for the union of our people, for justice. He deserves it ."

The cartoon-style picture of Ronaldo carried two hashtags in Portuguese. One translated as #Ronaldo, we are with you to the end and the other #Justicacr7 as #Justice for CR7."

She told a Portuguese daily as she launched her own wine and olive oil brand, in a clear-cut reference to Ronaldo's accuser: "I have confidence in my son when it comes to what happened.

"When she went there, it wasn't to play cards. It was to do something. I know the son I have. "

Ronaldo, who recently turned 34 has been impressive since he joined Juventus in August 2018 - scoring 17 goals and six assists in Serie A matches.

He emerged as the most successful player in Europe last campaign after winning his fifth Champions League title with Real Madrid in Kiev.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...