Man United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer tells the club's staff 1 title they should not give him

Man United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer tells the club's staff 1 title they should not give him

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Man United interim manager, has asked the club's staff to stop referring him as 'boss.'
According to a SPORTbible report, the Norwegian tactician has instead directed the personnel to call him 'Ole.'

Speaking during a forum with Scandinavian supporters' club, United-Supporteren, Solskjaer said he had known the staff through the years since he was a player and now found it a little odd to be addressed by who he was.

"[Carrington receptionist] Kath was the first person I saw when I came here," he said.

"Then I met the staff who've been here since I was a player. They started calling me 'boss.' I told them: 'Stop that. My name is Ole. Call me Ole'. We've worked together and known each other for so many years. I didn't want them to call me boss," he added.

Since his arrival at the club, the Norwegian tactician has created a relaxed mood, away from the tension that was building up during Jose Mourinho's days at the club.

Upon his return as manager in December, the United legend gifted the club's receptionist of 50 years Kath Phipps a bar of Norwegian chocolate.

His relatively polite approach at Old Trafford has seen the dressing room emerge more united and happy.

The former Molde manager has not lost a single match since taking over from Mourinho and is said to be in line to replace the permanently in the summer.

The Red Devils currently sit fifth on the Premier League standings, a point above sixth-placed Arsenal.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...