Barcelona vs Real Madrid: What Solari said after 1-1 draw in Copa del Rey semi

Barcelona vs Real Madrid: What Solari said after 1-1 draw in Copa del Rey semi

Real Madrid manager, Santi Solari, hailed the performance of Vinicius Junior, following a 1-1 draw with Barcelona, in the first leg of their Copa del Rey semi-final on Wednesday.

Vinicius, 18, was a constant menace down the left especially in the first half, with his perfectly-weighted cross for Karim Benzema at the back post, to set up Lucas Vazquez for Real's only goal in the sixth minute.

The teenager also scored his first league goal for Real against Alaves on Sunday and is the leading assist-getter in the Copa del Rey this season.

"I was not surprised as I know him since he arrived.

"I know how he plays football. But that a kid of 18 years old plays in this way does not often happen. He deserves a lot of praise, as do his teammates who have taken him on board and helped him," Solari told reporters after the game.

Solari said he felt his side had created the better chances and predicted a lot more drama in the second leg at the Bernabeu on February 27.

"It is very difficult to speak about justice in football.

"We had chances in the first half, with Vinicius Junior, and Bale and Toni Kroos late in the second half. But it was a very nice game of football, swung back and forward.

"The tie is still very open. Both teams have lots of quality and many things can happen in a short time in these type of games," he added.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...