Chelsea star leaves the club, completes big move to another EPL side

Chelsea star leaves the club, completes big move to another EPL side

Michy Batshuayi has joined Premier League side Crystal Palace from Chelsea where the Belgium international is expected to be till the end of the ongoing English topflight season.

Batshuayi recently returned from Spanish La Liga club Valencia on loan after his performances was criticized and there were reports that he wanted to join Tottenham.

Spurs submitted a bid to Chelsea when their star man Harry Kane got injured, but the 25-year-old striker Michy prefers to make a move to Crystal Palace.

Crystal Palace signed Michy Batshuayi on loan so as for him to help them escape relegation this season as the club currently occupy 15th position on the Premier League standings and they are not comfortable.

Batshuayi paid tribute to Valencia fans on Twitter after the Palace move was confirmed.

He said: "I'm sorry it didn't work out between us, and I wish you all the best by the end of the season. This city and this stadium deserve a team in its best way.

"Thank you very much for your support and for those who believed in me,'' the Belgian explained.

Batshuayi signed in for Chelsea in the summer of 2016 for £33m, but he has been on loan since January last year at Borussia Dortmund and then Valencia.

Valencia were not impressed with his games in the Spanish League as Batshuayi was only able to score three goals in 23 games.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...