La Liga giants Barcelona sign Nigerian striker on deadline day transfer (photos)

La Liga giants Barcelona sign Nigerian striker on deadline day transfer (photos)

Super Falcons striker, Asisat Oshoala, has joined the female team of FC Barcelona of Spain.

The Dalian Quanjian player will be at the Spanish club until the end of the 2018/2019 season.

Barcelona issued a statement with details of her loan signing on Thursday.

"The Nigerian footballer, 24 years old, arrived in Barcelona this morning.

"Subsequently, she carried out the relevant medical tests and signed the contract in the Office of the President of the Camp Nou, with the presence of the director responsible for the section, Maria Teixidor, and sports manager, Markel Zubizarreta," the statement read.

Oshoala, a three-time African Footballer of the Year, said she's excited about joining "one of the best clubs in the world".

She said: "Obviously this is one of the best clubs in the world, the team has a great history and a good football mentality.

"I am very excited to play again with Vicky Losada, a great midfielder, with a lot of energy and technique, I have also met Fabiana in China and she has helped me make this decision.

"My goal is to strengthen the team and help you win and make history; it's a great opportunity because I know something big is going to happen."

Oshoala joined Chinese club, Dalian Quanjian, from Liverpool in February 2017.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...