Tension as Maurizio Sarri 'attacks' Chelsea players after disappointing Bournemouth defeat

Tension as Maurizio Sarri 'attacks' Chelsea players after disappointing Bournemouth defeat

Maurizio Sarri has lambasted Chelsea squad members after they were thrashed 4-0 by Bournemouth in Wednesday night Premier League clash.

According to UK Metro report, Sarri met with his players without his assistants in the dressing room for about 50 minutes, and could not still come to terms with Chelsea's shambolic performance on the night.

Interestingly, the Blues last suffered such a heavy defeat in league was a 5-1 thrashing by Liverpool in 1996, but on Wednesday night a brace from Josh King and two other goals from the pair of David Brooks and Charlie Daniels in the second stanza condemned Chelsea to their fifth league defeat under Sarri.

"It is very difficult to have an idea about the performance," he said.

"I think we played well in the first half, we conceded the goal and we stopped to play.

"We didn't play as a team, but 11 players. We were in trouble, it was difficult to say why. After the first half there was the possibility to solve the problem. Not with that kind of reaction, so it is difficult to understand why.

"I wanted to try to understand after the match, I spoke to the players but it is difficult for them to say why. I have to try again tomorrow because I need to see why," even as he revealed why his coaching assistants were missing from the meeting.

"In that moment I wanted to talk to them alone, without anybody. I needed to understand, it was so different in the first and second half. I want to try again tomorrow," the Italian tactician added.

Sarri also found time to reacting to a question bothering on his players' mentality during the match.

"At the moment they can react against a big team, when we play against a big team we can play with a big level of motivation.

"But in this match it was different. Suddenly after the first goal we were not able to play. I think it was a different situation. Of course about the mentality.

"Maybe we are not at the top of the table, but we cannot lose 4-0 to Bournemouth, I want to respect them. Maybe it is my fault that I am not able to motivate them," Sarri summed up.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...