Fabregas reacts to the sacking of Henry at Monaco, makes stunning words

Fabregas reacts to the sacking of Henry at Monaco, makes stunning words

Cesc Fabregas has reacted to the sacking of former teammate Thierry Henry at Monaco claiming that he joined the French club because of the former Arsenal striker.

Fabregas completed his move from Premier League side Chelsea on January 11 to the Ligue 1 club and Henry was sacked just two weeks later.

Thierry Henry was shown the exit doors at Monaco because of poor results that left the club second from bottom with just 15 points from 21 games.

The Frenchman won two matches out of 12 during his short return to Stade Louis II as he lasted just over 100 days.

Fabregas who played with Thierry Henry at Arsenal between 2003 and 2007 has now expressed how he feels about the way his old pal was axed at Monaco.

"Football doesn't wait for anyone. That is life, it happens.

"Maybe it was not the right moment or he didn't have the time to fulfill all his plans and everything he wanted to do.

"I am not going to lie, one of the main reasons for me coming to Monaco is that Thierry called me.

"He wanted me to play every game, every minute.

"We are sad for 'Titi' because I really think he will be a top coach, I am sure of it,'' Fabregas explained according to the report by UK Sun.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...