Arsenal fans call for sack of Indian model over racist abuse on Alex Iwobi

Arsenal fans call for sack of Indian model over racist abuse on Alex Iwobi

Esha Gupta has apologized to Arsenal star Alex Iwobi after sharing comments that compared the Nigerian to a gorilla.

The Bollywood star who is also the club's ambassador said she did not realize her social media post about the Super Eagles attacker was racist.

The Indian model shared a screenshot of her WhatsApp conversation to her Instagram which has 3.4million followers and now the Gunners fans have called for her sack.

In the image, she received messages from Varun_Gupta17 which read: "Solves our winger issues. I can't see that gorilla faced Iwobi running down the flank again. He's so bad ya."

She replied: "Hahahahahaha I honestly dunno why they don't bench him more."

Varun_Gupta17 then responded: "It's like evolution stopped for him. Didn't change from Neanderthal to man."

The 33-year-old quickly deleted the image from her profile when she realized her mistake, but it had already been screenshotted by supporters.

She was called out for racist remarks on Twitter and she was quick to apologize: "Guys I'm sorry you thought it was racist. Was bad on my part, being a sports love, Wallah meant it. Sorry guys forgive the stupidity."

Gupta then added: "Well it was my fault. So gotta own up to my s***...sorry."

The Bollywood star who had previously dated Hector Bellerin, then claimed she was just airing her frustration after Arsenal's 3-1 defeat to Manchester United in the FA Cup.

She said: "It was us discussing our frustration during the game. Sorry as I didn't realise it was directed towards racism.

"Laughed over spur of the moment, which was the games result guys. Been victim of racism myself before.

"But this is not something I'm proud of. It was a fault, sorry guys."

Gupta is an ambassador for the North London club and she claimed her passion for the Gunners came from her father.

But the club's faithfuls online have urged the Emirates outfit to take action against the Indian model and actress.

One said: "This needs to be investigated further. A lot of us Nigerian Gooners aren't taking it. @alexiwobi is our boy. We will not stand and watch him be dehumanised and not act. Take note @Arsenal."

After she started to block fans that had called her out, one said: "Esha Gupta can block everyone calling her out on racism. @Arsenal time to drop this woman as an ambassador."

One fan tweeted her and asked her to prove she was sorry by donating money towards Arsenal's transfer funds.
She bluntly replied: "I wish."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...