Pochettino reveals why Tottenham lost to Crystal Palace

Pochettino reveals why Tottenham lost to Crystal Palace

Tottenham Hotspur manager, Mauricio Pochettino has reacted to his side's 2-0 shock defeat by Crystal Palace in the FA Cup encounter on Sunday.

Goals from Connor Wickham and Andros Townsend ensured Crystal Palace dumped Tottenham out of the competition.

Pochettino said he was disappointed because Crystal Palace didn't do too much to defeat Tottenham.

"I think the performance wasn't bad. It was an even game," Pochettino told BT Sport.

He added: "I think we created the chances, I think we had the possession, but in the end football is about scoring goals if you want to win and we didn't score.

"I think we feel disappointed with the way we concede, after nine minutes, I think it was the first approach in our last third.

"Disappointed because, of course, Palace didn't do too much but they scored and deserve to go through to the next stage of the FA Cup.

"But you know disappointed because if you play bad, if you don't deserve, you are more relaxed, but in this type of game, when you create all the chances, dominate completely the game in 90 minutes, it's so disappointing and painful to lose like this.

"We need to look forward now, we have two competitions ahead, Premier League and Champions League.

"In four days you play the semi-final against Chelsea on Thursday and today after four days you play FA Cup and I think from the beginning of the season we are in a crazy fixture and of course we feel disappointed but that is how football is here and England we can't complain, only move forward and try to give our best in the two competitions we are involved in."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...