Man United star reveals 1 terrible thing Ferguson did to him he will never forget

Man United star reveals 1 terrible thing Ferguson did to him he will never forget

Sir Alex Ferguson has had a history of throwing a boot at his players one of which brought David Beckham's career to an end with Manchester United.

But Jesse Lingard has also opened up about being a culprit of a similar incident and the England star claimed he dodged the studs thrown at him.

Unlike Beckham who did not find the incident funny, Lingard was more than happy a personality like Sir Alex took aim at him.

The 26-year-old revealed that when he arrived at United's academy, he knew instantly it was a sign of affection.

"I think maybe I was having a bad day, to be honest. I was in my head. So I'm just walking the halls, and all of a sudden I feel a boot clip the back of my head.

"Thwack! Proper thwack. I turn around, like, 'bloody . . . who done that?'

"And it's Sir Alex, and he's got a little smirk. He says, 'how you beehavin', bwoy?'

"He knew what it meant to do something like that.

"That's how you knew he liked you, when he'd have a bit of banter with you," added United star Lingard.

"I was buzzing for days after that. The Main Man! Gonna play for him some day."

United play Arsenal in the FA Cup this weekend looking to make it eight wins in a row under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

The Red Devils will take on Arsenal in the fifth round of the FA Cup this weekend looking to make it eight wins out of eight for Ole Gunnar Solksjaer.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...