Ex-Man United star reacts after he is insulted of having no father

Ex-Man United star reacts after he is insulted of having no father

Former Man United forward Memphis Depay, who currently plies his trade with Lyon in the French topflight, was a target by the home fans who displayed a banner saying "5million followers but no dad" during their match against Saint-Etienne.

According to a UK Sun report, despite all the insult from the fans, the 24-year-old the Dutch winger and his Lyon teammates emerge victorious after coming from behind to call all three points before turning to the social media to respond to their jibes.

Depay revealed in his response that he was not bothered by the foul language the fans used to tackle him during the Rhone-Loire derby.

"I have nothing against the people who did this. I know they low key love me!

"I also know they mad. They just mad they don't have one player with the same quality like me.

"It doesn't bother me one second. I just wanted to say some things about it. Zero points against us this season I can imagine what that feels like," Depay tweeted on Monday night.

Lyon President Jean-Michel Aulas was among the many that drummed support for the Dutch international using Twitter.

"Memphis you are a greatest player, a very good boy and asse fan are nothing .. we are very proud of you and all the team.," the French businessman tweeted in support of the Dutchman.

Interestingly, Memphis refused using his father's name on his jersey and on his social media handles, no thanks to the poor relationship existing between the pair.

"No weapon formed against you shall prosper, I leave it by that! God bless everybody! Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only love can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, love can do that," he added.

At the last count, the Dutchman is still unhappy his dad, Dennis Depay left him at four to be catered for by his mother.

But during an interview with UK Sun in 2015, Dennis denied the claims.

"Saying that I didn't see him after he was four is a lie.

"It is unbelievable, it is not nice. He is my son and I love him. I am the man who gave him his first ball.

"He was not abandoned by me. That is not true. I was always there for him.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...