'It was fun while it lasted' - Usain Bolt gives up on professional football career

'It was fun while it lasted' - Usain Bolt gives up on professional football career

Eight-time Olympic gold medalist and world's fastest man, Usain Bolt has given up on his bid to become a professional football player, saying "it was fun while it lasted."

This comes after the 32-year-old Jamaican who spent eight weeks at A-League club Central Coast Marinersfrom August last year, eventually turned down an offer of a professional contract in November.

During his time with the Australian club, he played in two pre-season friendlies, scoring twice against Macarthur South West.

Speaking with ESPN over his bid to become a professional footballer, he said his time as a footballer was enjoyable, but he has given up on it.

"I don't want to say it wasn't dealt with properly, but I think we went about it, not the way we should and you learn your lesson, you live and you learn. It was a good experience. I really enjoyed just being in a team and it was different from track and field and it was fun while it lasted

"I'm just doing many different things ... the sports life is over, so I'm now moving into different businesses, I have a lot of things in the pipeline, so as I say, I'm just dabbling in everything and trying to be a business man now."

Usain Bolt who still holds the 100-metre and 200-metre world records retired from his sprint career in 2017

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...