Zlatan Ibrahimovic calls Tottenham a 'normal club', advises Harry Kane to leave

Zlatan Ibrahimovic calls Tottenham a 'normal club', advises Harry Kane to leave

Former Manchester United striker, Zlatan Ibrahimovic has told Tottenham Hotspur star, Harry Kane to leave Spurs, which according to him is a normal club, if he want to win trophies.

Kane, who is currently sidelined due to injury, is expected to return to training in March.

The 25-year-old injured his ankle ligaments at the end of Tottenham's 1-0 defeat to Manchester United in a Premier League encounter last week after a collision with Phil Jones and Victor Lindelof.

Ibrahimovic, who has represented the likes of Paris Saint-Germain, Barcelona and Inter Milan, believes the time has come for Kane to leave Tottenham in pursuit of silverware.

"When I was in England, I saw him [Kane] play, I think he is a good striker," the La Galaxy striker told Bethard.

"He's still developing, he's doing good things. But I always say, playing in a big club, performing good is different from playing in - with all due respect to Tottenham - a 'normal' club.

"Performing there is a different situation, because I saw players do the same thing, but when they go to a big club something is different.

"I think he can make it. He just needs to make the move and people will remember you for what you win and. In the end, he needs to win.

"If he wants to win, I think he needs to change. I think Tottenham has a great team but they're not at the level to win everything, even if they've got a fantastic coach."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...