Checkout the beautiful place Mourinho was recently spotted as he reveals what he will be doing by 2022

Checkout the beautiful place Mourinho was recently spotted as he reveals what he will be doing by 2022

Former Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho has expressed mixed feelings towards the first ever winter FIFA World Cup tournament staging in Qatar inn 2022.

The 55-year-old, who was recently sacked by the Red Devils was spotted touring some of the match venues for the competition in the gulf country.

He was also joined by ex-United coach Ricardo Formosinho for a guided tour of the Al Wakrah Stadium.

However, the Portuguese born tactician admits that the 2022 tourney will probably be a nightmare for him according to SunSport.

Mourinho claimed that the timing of the event means that the Premier League will be suspended for more than a month during November and December.

The former Chelsea and Real Madrid boss said that: "I expect that in 2022 I am going to be a club coach .

"And then I will probably be not so happy that in the middle of a season my players will be off travelling to the World Cup. But I have to admit the event has everything to be amazing. "

Mourinho revealed he had his reservations after announcement of the tourney for the winter of 2022.

But after his visit, he said: " I believe that many of us in Europe, players, coaches, clubs - we had some question marks.

"But when you arrive here you don't have question marks any more. The weather won't be so hard, I think it's going to be a fantastic event.

"I just hope the football itself can give this amazing organisation what you deserve. "

SunSport reports that all eight stadiums for the World Cup in Qatar are within 31 miles of the capital, Doha.

Mourinho added: " Even in pre-season for us in Europe, which is a small period, we don't like to travel - we like to have a base.

"But because of commercial reasons, we are always travelling. We always try to reduce the travelling time, and find the right facility.

"I think is going to be the first time that everyone chooses their location, their hotel, their training ground.

"And that will be your home until you are knocked out, or you go home with the cup. That is unreal, even at club level. It is fantastic. "

Comparing Qatar to the Russia World Cup, he said: "For supporters it can also be something magnificent .

"For example in Russia you are located in Moscow, then to see the other games you have to go Rostov or Saint Petersburg - and you have to travel a lot .

"Here you can also, as a supporter, be based in a certain place and see all the matches your team is playing ."

Mourinho, who wore a hard hat inside the stadium, recently revealed he has turned down three job offers since he was sacked by United in December.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...