Pogba names Man City player, Real Madrid stars as his role models

Pogba names Man City player, Real Madrid stars as his role models

Manchester United midfielder, Paul Pogba has named Manchester City playmaker, Kevin de Bruyne and Real Madrid stars, Luka Modric and Toni Kroos as his present role models.

The France international said he loves to watch and tries to learn from De Bruyne, Modric and Kroos.

Speaking about his role model in football, Pogba told Astro Sport: "I love football, I love watching players and maybe people will be surprised. When I was younger I used to look up to strikers but now I'm a midfielder I look up to midfield players."

"I learn from Yaya Toure, Xavi, Iniesta, Paul Scholes, Michael Carrick when he was there.

"I love to look at midfielders to make myself the Paul Pogba with all the best qualities of the other ones.

"Now, I'm looking at Kevin de Bruyne, Modric, Toni Kroos, all those players I love looking at them and I try to learn from them. It's always good for me."

Pogba scored a goal in United's 2-1 victory over Brighton in the Premier League match on Saturday to hand caretaker manager, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer his seventh Premier League win.

The midfielder will hope to lead United to victory when they tackle Burnley on Tuesday.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...